We retweet, repost, share, and forward everything these days.When we want to express ourselves, we search for someone who said it before us and recycle their quote. I think it is natural to check our life experiences against the life experiences of people around us or people who have come before us. The searching and sifting of tweets, Facebook posts, memes, and quote archives is us exercising our curiosity, but is research dead?
To really express ourselves, we have to first deeply know ourselves which requires us to ask questions of our world. There are several sites available for free academic research online that will help us check our thinking against those that have come before us and better prepare us to express unique thoughts.
- 100 Search Engines for Academic Research
- 12 Fabulous Academic Search Engines
- 100 Time-Saving Search Engines for Serious Scholars (Revised)
- Ten search engines for researchers that go beyond Google
- 15 Educational Search Engines for Research
- 6 Best Search Engines for Academic Research
- Microsoft Academic Search
- Best Educational Search Engines for Academic Researchers
- RefSeek – Academic Search Engine
- Top 11 Trusted (And Free) Search Engines for Scientific and Academic Research
- 20 of the Best Search Engines for Students
- Academic and Scholar Search Engines and Sources – An Annotated Link Compilation